It is said that the road to evolution begins with understanding the truly staggering power of the mind. Just like the traditional tanpura, or drone, powers the melodies of Indian music, the mind and spirit power the symphony of life. Mental and spiritual well-being set the tone for physical and emotional wellness and any deviation from the harmonious notes of the mind can cause significant physical discordance. Ayurvedic practitioners always press on the importance of balancing the body, mind, and soul, and the most tried-and-tested method of harmonising the three is the regular practice of meditation.
The benefits of a regular meditation practice can range from stress management and the reduction of negative emotions, to an increase in creativity, imagination, patience and tolerance, and even the lowering of resting heart rate, and the increase in sleep quality.
To meditate at home, follow these easy steps:
- Find a quiet place where you can be by yourself. Switch off all devices and dedicate this time only to yourself.
- Give yourself a comfortable time limit. Even 10 minutes will do. Increase the amount of time you spend in meditation as your comfort levels increase.
- Observe the body. Listen to your breath, identify any aches and pains, note the temperature of the air during inhalation and exhalation. Bring all your senses to the body.
- Empty your mind. Try not to engage with intrusive thoughts. When the mind wanders, bring it back to the body consciously.
- When you are ready to stop, externalise the senses while your eyes are still closed. Listen to sounds around you, and start making small movements to lift yourself out of the meditative practice; move your fingers, bend your head from side to side, rotate your shoulders.
- Blink your eyes open slowly, and take a moment to re-adjust to the space around you.
At Amal Tamara, daily meditation sessions will help transform your mind, spirit, and emotions. The voice of our experts guiding you through a session will allow you to submit to a transformative practice and explore the deeper dimensions of the mind. Meditation will calm your frayed nerves and improve overall well-being, thereby paving the way for a meaningful wellness experience.