Sesame Seed Unda
Sesame seed balls, traditionally known as ellunda, is a nutty titbit rich in calcium and iron. This protein ball is easy to prepare and even easier to eat! In a few short steps, this tasty snack will help prevent high blood pressure, relieve arthritis, and promote healthy skin and hair.
- Black Sesame Seeds – 50 grams
- White Sesame Seeds – 50 grams
- Cardamom Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Jaggery Syrup – 6 Tablespoon (adjusted to your taste)
- Grated Coconut – 50 grams
- Cumin Powder – 1 pinch
- Dry roast sesame seeds in an iron pan till it sputters.
- To the warm split sesame seeds, add grated coconut, powdered cardamom, and cumin.
- Stir the mixture evenly.
- In another pan, heat jaggery syrup to one-thread consistency and add it to the solid mixture.
- Blend assortments quickly before it hardens and make dumplings out of them.
- These glistening, healthy ellundas can be washed down with a cup of chai or stored in airtight containers for snacking.